Saturday, September 19, 2015

Beginning of the year!

¡Hola!

Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year.  I am thrilled to be starting another year at Meadowbrook with your students.  This year we are rolling out our fourth year curriculum (for both the 4th and 5th graders).  It is exciting to watch the progress your children are making and I am honored to be a part of their world language journey.

While reading and writing are important components of our program, speaking and listening are the main concentration.  In class, I speak to the students 90% of the time in Spanish and 10% in English.  Your children are encouraged to do the same!  While this may seem challenging, you would be amazed at how well they speak.

I encourage you to keep the conversation about Spanish class going with your children at home.  Parents often ask me how to support their child's language education.  The best way is to ask them about what they are learning and have them teach you new vocabulary words or their new favorite song!

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. You can also visit "my website" to see current vocabulary lists, hear our class songs and find websites to practice at home.


Looking forward to a wonderful year ahead!
~Srta. Whitman